Saturday 7 November 2020

Kala Chana / Pindi chole with Missi Roti - rustic food to welcome winter with

 


It is funny the way this meal ended up being made.
The cold, damp weather got the better of me and I spent the morning just lounging and surfing the tv.
Moving through channels on YouTube, I ended up watching way too many videos on villages and their local food.
Starting from Uttarakhand, to Rajasthan and  Punjab.... I watched people rustling up beautiful, rustic and delicious food in minutes. With whatever local things were available.

By the time it was noon, I knew I could not eat anything other than some hot, freshly made food.
So giving up my plan for using up leftovers,
I quickly kneaded makke ka atta/ corn meal with lots of garlic chives , from my little garden,
and freshly pounded ginger garlic and green chillies.

Made thick rotis and applied my fragrant, homemade ghee on them while still very hot.

.


The boiled kala chana / black chickpeas was tempered with chopped onions ,  green chillies and tomatoes.
I used half whole ones and the other half crushed.
Set it to boil and absorb the flavours while I made the rotis.
I did not add any masala other than chopped coriander leaves.
Tasted awesome.



Some sliced juicy onions and a big green chilli completed our meal. 
Impulsive cooking does give great results. 😊

This is a hurried post. 
Will try to put in some writing in the next one. 
Till then ..... 

Enjoy!!


Ps: Are you following me on Instagram? 
There are a lot of recipes and photos and news that I share almost daily there. 
S do follow to stay updated with recent happenings in my kitchen and in life. 😊




2 comments:

  1. Ohhh...thats so nice. I have to learn these rotis. And i can almost smell the chana usal/curry...god even you face these issues right?

    You have loads in front of you and you go like a zombie to tackle them...sometimes wondering ehy d id you take a spoon/vessel in hand...

    Keep writing mam

    Warmest regards
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ash ... you must try these rotis. I know you will love them ... so robust and fragrant ... perfect for winters.

      Delete


Please do not spam.