Thursday 6 May 2021

Pav Bhaji or Pao bhaji ....... both made at home , from scratch



When I made these beautiful pao breads some time back, B wanted to have Pav  bhaji .
So I made some. .

But with so many chores and other things to deal with, including ‘I don’t feel like doing anything today’ too, I spread out the preparation into a couple of days.
After I made the bread, I had to wait for sometime for the already cooked food in the fridge to get used up.

Meanwhile, I boiled the vegetables ( I used potatoes, cauliflower, green peas, tomatoes, carrots and some frencjh beans .... you can use whatever you have at hand ) and stored them.
I peeled garlic and stored them ( I do that anyway ) .
And then one fine day, brought out everything.

Heated the bread with a smear of butter .... B wanted the inside as is .... soft ... and not fry with butter.
Mashed the vegetables and tempered them with chopped garlic, chopped green chillies, turmeric and red chilli powder and store bought pav bhaji masala 
Added salt and sugar. 
Simmered till the extra moisture dried up and the mash turned thickish. .
.
Served with chopped onions, lemon and coriander leaves sprinkled.
And of course, a big blob of butter. .
Yummm 😋 .
.


Contrary to how rich it looks, homemade pao bhaji is actually very healthy as well as nutritious.
A great way of eating a lot of vegetables together, this bhaji was made with just one teaspoon of cooking oil.
I have eaten pao bhaji outside only once in my life.
One taste and I have never touched it again.
Not when eating out.
For me, the homecooked version is way better, much more tastier. 



Here is a look of the Ladi Pav that I had baked earlier. 
It is super yummyhot,  just out of the oven , with a good smear of butter.



A closer look! 😊
Tempting, eh? 

 

5 comments:

  1. āĻļāĻ°্āĻŽিāĻ˛া, āĻ†āĻŽি āĻĻেāĻ–āĻ¤ে āĻĒাāĻš্āĻ›ি āĻ¨া āĻšā§ŸāĻ¤ো... āĻŦāĻ˛āĻ›ি āĻ¯ে āĻāĻ‡ āĻĻুāĻŸোāĻ° āĻ°েāĻ¸িāĻĒি āĻĻিā§ŸেāĻ› āĻ•ি āĻ•োāĻĨাāĻ“? āĻĻেāĻ–েāĻ‡ āĻŦাāĻ¨াāĻ¤ে āĻ‡āĻš্āĻ›ে āĻ•āĻ°āĻ›ে।

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kuntala .... bhaji r recipe ta chotto kore diyechi ... khub e easy tai.
      Abar dicchi ...
      Mashed the vegetables and tempered them with chopped garlic, chopped green chillies, turmeric and red chilli powder and store bought pav bhaji masala .
      Simmered till the extra moisture dried up and the mash turned thickish. .
      .
      Served with chopped onions, lemon and coriander leaves sprinkled.
      And of course, a big blob of butter.

      Pao r recipe ta post korchi ek din er moddhe e ... promise. :-)

      Delete
    2. Ami Everest er pav bhaji masala powder use kori.

      Delete
    3. āĻĨ্āĻ¯াংāĻ• āĻ‡āĻ‰ āĻĨ্āĻ¯াংāĻ• āĻ‡āĻ‰। āĻŦাāĻ¨িā§Ÿে āĻ¤োāĻŽাāĻ•ে āĻĻেāĻ–াāĻŦ। :)

      Delete
    4. Haha ... you are always welcome Kuntala :-)

      Delete


Please do not spam.