Wednesday 23 February 2022

Idli Upma



At times I get stuck and just don't know what to write in a post.
As a result, inspite of having photos, I don't get around to making one.
And the fact that I had surrendered myself to a lengthy book did not help matters. 

Oh ... but it did help me a lot.
Having spent enough time with myself and in the far away land and times that my book took me to, I am much saner now than what I was in the past fortnight.
I did throw in a little retail therapy too ... which helps immensely I must say 😊
Even though it was just curtains and linens for the house.
Women need to shop once in a while .... even if I am not a big impulsive shopper ... I do agree to this line.

My mind is back to its clockwork decisions ... especially when it comes to hot and fresh  breakfast recipes . 
And I love nothing more than a South indian breakfast .
Especially the Idli .
And my favourite way of eating idlis is the idli upma .
I love it so much that I make idlis in excess and store them in the fridge so that I can make this at least once a week.

I made this on last Thursday but did not post because I was stuck in a rut.
This beautiful, fluffy , mildly tangy thing never fails to lift up my mood.
I often add vegetables too but this time I did not. 
Maybe I will make another post again. 

Need

Leftover Idli
Chopped onions 
Chopped green chillies 
Hing 
Curry leaves 
Mustard seeds 
Turmeric powder
Red chilli powder
Sambar masala powder ( optional ) 
Lemon juice - if your idlis are not sour / tangy 
Salt
Sugar
Ghee / Oil 

How to

Cut  half of the idlis into little pieces. 
Crumble the rest half into loose grains. 
Heat ghee or oil. 
Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter. 
Add a pinch of hing and then the curry leaves.
Then add the onions and the green chillies.
Fry on low heat till the onions are translucent. 

Now add the idli and stir well. 
Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and mix well. 
Add the lemon juice and the sambar masala and stir fry till everything comes together. 

Serve hot. 
You may add peanuts or roasted chana dal too. 
Enjoy!

 Hope all of you are doing well.
I will be back with my meal plates later.
Stay well and stay safe ❤️




No comments:

Post a Comment


Please do not spam.