Saturday 10 July 2021

Besan chila ki dahiwali sabzi ..... part of a vegetarian meal plate




I spent most part of the last week relaxing and catching up with my reading, knitting and some bingeing on some light series on Netflix. They are mostly light romances or just simple stories with a backdrop of a small town and the people there. I had loved Virgin River and am right now on Good Witch.
Somewhere in between, I binged on the K drama Heaven's Garden. And was totally smitten by it. I will start on Crash landing on you soon.

The other day I was reading an article about this current craze for kdramas / Korean tv serials .
If you ask me the reason, I will happily give mine.
For starters, they are extremely well made.
The actors are fine, the stories clean and realistic, beautiful locations and above all, you can watch them forever without having a cringe inducing scene jumping right at you or a burst of foul language that will push you to seek for the fast forward ⏩ button.

Honestly I am totally over our desi series.
They are unnecessarily gory, filled with foul language and over the top crime and extremely distasteful scenes of physical intimacy.
I actually check out the ratings first and then decide if they are 'safe' for me to watch 😄

However I am very much a desi when it comes to home cooked food .
This lunch plate has  -  

Besan cheela ki sabzi : 

Make a thin batter with besan /  gram flour, salt, cumin seeds, hing, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and water. 

Make cheela / crepes on a flat pan or tawa like so. 


Cut into thick strips. 

Beat curd with a little besan and water in a bowl. 
Add turmeric powder, salt. 
Heat a little ghee. 
Add cumin seeds and hing. 
 
Add the curd and cook on low heat till it starts to simmer. 

Let in the chila strips and cook till they soak up enough liquid. 

Serve hot. 

Kale chane ki sabzi

Soak and boil black chickpeas. 
Cut potatoes into cubes. 
Chop onions and green chillies. 
Heat ghee. 
Add jeera and the onion. 
Stri fry till pink and add the potatoes. 
Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. 
Cover and cook till just done. 


Add the boiled chickpeas, red chilli powder and the green chillies. 
Cover and cook till everything comes together. 
Sprinkle a little garam masala powder and serve hot. 


My oil free Hing ka achar




Mooli ki bhuji 

Cut radish / Mooli into strips. 
Heat oil .... I use 1 tsp of ghee. 
Add jeera / cumin seeds and hing. 
Add in the radish strips and turmeric powder + salt. 

Stir and cover. Cook till done. 





Another look of the full plate. 


4 comments:

  1. Though I follow you on Insta....blog is my first love...and I have to make the chana sabji...

    As usual....finger licking good pics.

    Keep writing mam

    Take care and stay safe,

    Luv,
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh...mast...I tried and failed to like SaaS bahu...

    Ok my pics for kdrama and hope you see them
    Romance is a bonus book
    Second 20s
    You are my spring
    Hospital playlist
    Bring it on ghost (one time see)

    They do have their share of suspense and likes as well...let me know if you like that genre...I will surely tell you some...


    Luv,
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ash! Will surely look them up and let you know.
      Am on Crash landing on you right now :-)

      Delete


Please do not spam.