I cut up the mango into small pieces ... unfortunately could not deal with the huge seed with my flimsy knife ... so my achaar will not have any pieces I can chew on for a long time. :-(
Then I rubbed in salt into the pieces and kept them on a thick table napkin so that all the moisture is drained out. Then mixed in the masala and filled in a glass bottle.
Then I heated some mustard oil upto smoking point and let it cool completely. Added some hing into it and poured in the bottle of Achaar. The oil should cover the mangoes completely.
I have let it sit for around 5 days.
I am being showered with comments recently and am feeling good. Today Sailaja has tagged me for a Me Me.
I feel good to be in blogosphere ... and again I thank Rashmi for this. :-)
1) LAST MOVIE U SAW IN A THEATER?
I really can't remember ... it was long back .
2) WHAT BOOK ARE U READING?
Am halfway Chetan Bhagat's "The 3 mistakes of my life" and am already hating it. :p
3) FAVORITE BOARD GAME?
4) FAVORITE MAGAZINE?
5) FAVORITE SMELLS?
The fragrance of wet soil after a rain, Dida's fragrance(all old people have one), the fragrance in the air when winter approaches ... lots of them
6) FAVORITE SOUNDS?
A piano's notes, the sound of a storm,when my Bapi calls out to me
7) WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?
I have this strange worse kind of feeling ... no matter where I am ... when it is evening I feel like going home .. being at home (my childhood home).
8) WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN U WAKE?
What to make for breakfast!
9) FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE?
10) FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?
I have at least 21 names in my mind ... :-))
11) FINISH THIS STATEMENT—’IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I’D’...
Haven't thought of it ... but maybe i'll go shopping first ...
12)DO YOU DRIVE FAST?
No. Hubby says if it were left to me, I'd drive in 3rd gear throughout.
13) DO U SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
Nah ... never done that too.
14)STORMS–COOL OR SCARY?
Cool... cool .... cool
15) WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
Never owned a car ... dad and hubby do though ;-)
16) FAVORITE DRINK?
17) FINISH THIS STATEMENT-IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD…
18) DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI?
19) IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY OTHER COLOR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE?
Black again ... my hair is turning brownish
20) NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS U HAVE LIVED IN?
Everywhere I have lived has been home.
21) FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
22) ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
She has some very interesting recipes in her blog ... and always leaves encouraging comments.
23) WHATS UNDER YOUR BED?
24) WOULD U LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN??
Yes, with a little correction here and there ;-)
25) MORNING PERSON OR NIGHT OWL?
26) OVER EASY OR SUNNY SIDE UP?
27) FAVORITE PLACE TO RELAX?
I am more relaxed when we go for weekend overnight trips to nearby coasts .
28) FAVORITE PIE?
Anything that is salty and spicy ... i don't like the sweet ones.
29) FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
30) OF ALL THE PEOPLE U HAVE TAGGED, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?
Since this is not a competetion anyone can take their own time and answer.
31) What are five things on my to-do list for today (non-work related)?
I don't have any such deadlines ...
32) What are five snacks I enjoy?
Buttered Cream Cracker biscuits
Chopped apple sprinkled with chaat masala
Peanuts roasted in butter and sprinkled with pepper powder
33) What things would I do if I were a billionaire?
Buy an island in Hawai ! :-))
Thanks Sailaja !!
Since am very new to this thing I don't even know what to do other than I should tag others. Since I now know these few good people am tagging them.
I hope any goof ups will be excused. I am tagging
Rashmi of Delhibelle
Bharti of Veggie Foodist
Swati of Chatkhor
Have a great time tearing your hair out guys!!