Thursday 31 July 2008

Tangy chicken



Since I make chicken only for myself ... unless I am having guests ... I try to make something that is real fast ... but has to be a little spicy too. Am not usually into too much of onion/ginger/garlic paste ... as that again requires a lot of oil to fry with. So here is another superfast chicken dish.

Need :

Chicken pieces,
Sliced onions,
Chopped or sliced green chillies,
Chopped garlic,
Green chilli sauce ( I use Ching's Secret ),
Salt to taste,
A pinch of sugar,
Cooking oil,
A little vinegar

How to :

Marinate the chicken with green chilli sauce ( I kept it only till I made the other preparations).

Heat oil.

Add the onions and fry till translucent.

Now add the chillies and the garlic ... this way the garlic does not burn.

Now add the chicken and salt and toss well.

Cover and cook till chicken is done .... needs very little water.

Remove cover and add vinegar and sugar and fry till dry.

The sugar will burn and make a thin caramel like coating.

Great with fried / plain rice or as a side dish with noodles or pasta.

And of course can be had with the simple roti too. :-)

5 comments:

  1. That's a nice recipe too! I'm here for the first time and like your blog a lot, must say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sharmila,
    I, being the foodie that i am, happened to visit your blog during my quest for aloo potol recipe..and i was bowled over!!! Lovely pics and 'pakka ghara khaiba'. More so, because it has all the recipes i want.
    Your Tangy chicken was a hit with my hubby. I think a bit of ketchup makes it more interesting.
    Looking forward for more recipes..
    Swati

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for writing in Swati. Am glad you like the recipes. :-)
    Actually am not too fond of tomato ketchup ... so do not use it.
    But thanks for the idea .. others might find it interesting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an unbelievably easy and tasty recipe. I must admit SHarmila that I learnt to cook chicken from your blog. Before reading your blog, I had no idea that chicken could be cooked so easily and in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Madhu for the nice words! Am so glad my recipes are of any help. If you have any particular chicken recipe that you want to learn, do let me know. :-)

    ReplyDelete


Please do not spam.