Thursday 10 July 2008

Cheese garlic toast



A rainy evening ... felt like munching on something . And did not feel like counting calories. So just let go and grabbed whatever was at hand. And am sure it was enough to raise my LDL to levels that would have taken at least six months to get to.

Anyway ... by the time this snack was done the whole house was filled with the aroma of garlic in butter. :-)




Need :

A few bread slices,
butter,
grated cheese,

a couple of cloves of garlic, paprika / chilli flakes.

A little oregano / thyme can be crushed in too .... I do not as the aroma of the herbs overwhelm the delicate aroma of butter.

How to :

Butter the bread slices.

Grate in the garlic into the cheese.

Add the chilli flakes and mix well.

Spread on the bread slices and grill for around 7-10 mins (better if oven is preheated for 5 mins).

Enjoy with hot tea / coffee / cocoa. :-) Will go very well with any heavy soup too ... will make for a complete meal.

I used very little butter. And since was in a hurry did not wait for the cheese to melt properly ... which shows in the snap. But tasted like heaven.


5 comments:

  1. My FIL likes to make that snack sometimes. He used to make it for the hubby and his siblings when they were little. It is indeed delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This used to be my favourite breakfast during my younger, luckier days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite too - My son totally freaks out on this one! I make a focaccia bread and use that as the base:) BTW I subscribed to your post atoms feed instead:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thatz an amazing breakfast ... looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bharti, Rashmi, Sunshinemom, Vegetable Platter
    Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete


Please do not spam.