Friday 13 June 2008

Sweet and Sour Chicken Sausage

This time I decided to do something different with the few chicken sausages lying in the freezer. Moreover I do not actually like them in a bread roll ... all soggy after being doused with ketchup, mustard and salad.I mean ... what is the point in frying them crisp and then turing them soggy.
So I cut them up into small pieces ... and then started to think. ;-)
Well ... I was hungry ... and so it had to be something that can be done fast. And the result was this.

Am also getting better with my photography. These days hubby goes about with an amused expression (don't know how long will he be able to hold on to it). It is about this new diety in our home called lord camera. And every plate that is served hot now does not reach him first... it is first offered to lord Camera .. who gobbles up the dish with super macro . And then we poor mortals get our turn to sample the food.





Need : Chicken sausages cut into cubes, onions cut into big sized cubes, chopped green chillies, chopped garlic, cooking oil, soya sauce, vinegar, salt and sugar to taste, black pepper powder.


How to : Heat some oil in a pan. Add the onions, chillies and garlic together ( this prevents the garlic from burning). Fry for some time till the onions turn pink. Then add the sausages and fry some more. Now add the soya sauce, salt (remember soya sauce has salt too ), sugar, vinegar and fry some more. Just before taking away from the heat add the pepper powder.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sharmi,
    I still dont see you on Taste of India. Write to me at delhibelle@yahoo.com if you need any help on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did register .. but later read the details ... it says my blog has be more than 2 months old to be on TOI :-( Am waiting.
    And thanks for your offer to help out ... u can rest assured i'll trouble you if i need to. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok..and i assure you it's never a trouble:)

    ReplyDelete


Please do not spam.