Wednesday 11 June 2008

Aamras

Ever since I have started to blog I have been going thru a lot of other blogs ... enjoying recipes and writings, picking up certain things, learning all about events or just plain how to go about. Almost every blog has something written on Briana. Briana has been diagonised with cancer. And she is putting up a brave fight. Just look here for everything about Bri .

Learning about her has kind of shaken me.So much of difficulties, not to mention physical trauma....and so much courage.I may not know her ... but she is a person .. and needs people by her now.And so many people are rooting for her.I too felt like doing something ,however small. So took faltering steps .. visited Bee and Jai's Jugalbandi site, read up about Click and decided to send in an entry.


I maybe new here .. but one thing I have learnt ...if I need to know about something ... all I need is to ask. Delhibelle helped me with some usefull pointers and jugalbandi too replied to my queries.
Am no great photographer...but am trying. The colour for this month is Yellow .. for Bri. I decided what better than a mango. It is summer ... and the king of fruits is right here with us. Yellow at its purest form.... straight from nature....for Bri. No additives ....no other interventions.

We look forward to the torturous summers of India just to enjoy the king of fruits. Just as its colour and sweetness fill people with happiness , this Aamras is for Bri ...bright,colourful and sweet. Just as we wish all of Bri's days be filled with. And prayers for her health go with this too.
Get well soon Bri.

Aam ras : Take ripe mangoes of any variety. Peel and cut into chunks and churn in a blender.




6 comments:

  1. Yum! Way to go Sharmila! I love love love mangos. Definitely one of my favorite fruits. Thanks so much for your prayers and support. I hope to get back to posting more recipes soon.
    xoxo,
    bri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharmila..thats a wonderful bowl . lvoe it any time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks srivalli for visiting my blog and the nice words. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too good of you Bri to visit my blog. Looking forward to seeing more new entries in your blog.And keep that sweet smile on ...just as you have been doing all this while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rashmi .. all becoz of your help. :-)

    ReplyDelete


Please do not spam.